A bike for every learning curve.
Hand-built steel frame
Matching chain guard to keep little legs safe
Adjustable seat and handlebars to keep up with growth spurts
A bike that keeps up with them
Coolest bike on the block
- Frame Low-profile, easy step-over/stand-over frame design, easy on/off and learning for tiny tots.
- Fork Steel 1" threaded
- Saddle High-back saddle with handle prevents kids from sliding off the back, easy-to-carry, great for the parental clutch grab.
- Handlebar Steel 22.2mm
- Stem Quill, Steel bottom/alum top
- Seat Post Steel 25.4mm/1"
- Tires 12 (16) x 2.125. Large profile, 2.125 tires safe, smooth ride.
- Rims Steel
- Brakes: Coaster brake rear + sidepull front learn to use hand brakes, with safety of the foot/coaster brake - many options for learning to stop.
- Brake levers Sized for smaller hands, smooth safe plastic lever.
|Size||Height Range||Standover Height|
|Koda - 16"||38" - 48"|
What's My Size?
Your inseam can help you find the perfect sized bike (measuring it properly is similar to pant inseams but measured a little differently). Here's how they work:
- Stand upright with your feet 6-8" apart.
- Using a tape measure or tailor tape, measure from the bottom of your foot to the top of the inside of your leg.
- Compare your inseam measurement to the standover height of the bike. You should have about an inch of space between your body and the top tube.
Make easy monthly payments over 3,6 or 12 months.Checking your eligibility won't affect your credit.
- Customer Service
This thing is SWEET! Love the look, well built/sturdy and a great price. Very pleased :)
I ordered this for my three-year-old, and I’m absolutely blown away by the quality. We had been looking at several big box stores for bikes and just were not impressed. I’m so glad we found Retrospec! The bike arrived within a few days of ordering, and my husband and I had it put together in less than 15 minutes. The tassels, basket, and bell are such a nice touch. Our daughter loves it! We’ll be purchasing all of our bikes from here in the future!
Very hard to install
My kiddo is very happy with the Koda 16” bike. It’s been fun watching him take this step toward independence, since he previously rode in a trailer. The combination of hand and pedal brakes is great so that he won’t be surprised when he switched to a handbrake-only bike in the future. I would have given it 5 stars, but the communication from Retrospec on the delivery time was not topnotch. One form email I was sent in response to a question included a mention of out-of-stock items, and it led me to fear the bike I ordered was out of stock. The bike is/was available on Amazon, and the delivery would likely have been faster.
My 4 year old loves her new bike. 2 things would make it perfect. 1. the streamers on the handlebars keep coming apart. 2. it needs a kick stand. Great bike. Easy to put together and super cool.