Accounting Manager APPLY NOW
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of all day-to-day accounting transactions and for managing the accounts payable (“AP”) and general ledger (“GL”) team. Also, to prepare efficient and accurate data and in compliance with best practices.
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting aspects of accounting management including accounts payable operations, management and reconciliation of fixed asset ledgers, payroll and expense accruals, sales tax and local tax reporting, among other functional areas.
- Preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements. Ensures the accuracy of reported financial results within published deadlines.
- Manage journal entries, invoices, etc. and account reconciliations for the monthly and annual closing
- Responsible for month-end close, financial statement preparation, revenue accounting, financial reporting
- Reconciles assets and liabilities
- Review the company's accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Responsible for the accurate and timely general ledger and period end closings
- Conducts ad hoc analyses as needed to support decision making as well as to quantify opportunities and risks
- Key stakeholder in the preparation and analysis of budgets and forecasts
- Work closely with HR Dept. to ensure payroll and employment tax reporting is accurate
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting
- Preparing and filing non-income tax returns including sales and use tax and commercial activity tax
- Improves existing processes to increase speed, efficiency, and accuracy
- Other duties may be assigned
Directly supervises the AP, AR & GL team, including an AP & AR clerk, Supervisor and Accountants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- BA/BS required
- MBA and/or Certificate of Public Accounting a plus
- Minimum 10 years of accounting experience including accounts payable and general accounting/account reconciliations
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in accounting/finance
- Strong analytical skills, documentation skills, and people skills
- Experience with NetSuite or equivalent ERP software required
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel is required and experience with Access is a plus