Retrospec grants the original purchaser of a new Retrospec sports equipment carrier a non-transferable limited lifetime warranty subject to the limitations, terms and conditions stipulated below.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The product is warranted against defects in the materials and workmanship for the useful life cycle of the product. All products have a useful life cycle. Once the product has reached the end of its lifecycle it will no longer be eligible for warranty replacement or adjustments.
- This warranty applies to the original retail purchaser and is non-transferable
- When contacting us for a warranty issue an original proof of purchase is required clearly identifying the product.
- The product must be returned to Retrospec for inspection along with copies of the original proof of purchase. The owner of the product is responsible for shipping costs.
- Should Retrospec determine that the product or any of its components are covered by this warranty, Retrospec, at its sole discretion, will repair or replace the product. Retrospec’s determination of the product’s eligibility for warranty repair or replacement is final and binding.
- If, at the time of replacement, Retrospec does not have available the same product, the consumer may be offered a substitute product of equal or better value.
ITEMS NOT COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY:
- Damage due to improper assembly
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage due to lack of maintenance
- Damage due to installation of non-original parts, components, or accessories
- Damage due to loading the carrier with any product that exceeds the carrier’s stated weight capacity.
- Damage or failure due to improper use, accidents, neglect, or failure to follow the instructions provided with the product.
- The paint and finish of the carrier.
- Damage to the items being transported or the automobile
- Damage or injury due to the rack or transported items falling from the automobile.
This warranty is expressly in lieu of all other warranties. Any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose created hereby are limited to the same duration as the express warranty herein. This warranty is void in its entirety if the product is modified in any manner. All provisions in this limited warranty are separate and severable. If any provision is held invalid and unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions hereof. Except to the extent specifically prohibited by law, Retrospec shall in no way be responsible for direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.